Wednesday 10 September 2008

Tower Burger Meal

Before I get to today let me tell you how it all started. Last Thursday, 4 September, I went to the KFC at Park Station. I ordered a Tower Burger Meal. The cashier then turned around and shouted to the back to back of the store. After a response was shouted back, the cashier said to me that they don’t do Tower Burger Meals. (Note today’s photo). I then asked for a wrap and she replied that they only sell Streetwise Twos. I then pointed to the menu above her head and asked her why they advertise a full menu. She answered the same way, they only sell Streetwise Twos. So disgustedly I just turned around and went to another fried chicken vendor, Chicken Licken. Asking around at Metrorail, I found out that this is a common occurrence. I then complained on a consumer website Hello Peter.

On Saturday morning a lady from the KFC Consumer Centre phoned to apologize and asked for my postal address. Sunday, I had a chance to speak to my friend who works for Yum!, the holding company of KFC. He said that he would follow it up.

Now back to today. Not to mention names, another person from KFC phoned me and said they were very concerned about the incident and will investigate. He also gave me the Area Manager’s number in whose jurisdiction this store falls into.

Feeling positive, I decided to return to the store this time with a colleague who also previously had a bad experience there, and would not believe that you could get anything else at this KFC other than a Streetwise Two. I ordered a Tower Burger Meal and a Colonel Burger Meal. My colleague wanted a diet drink but they said that they don’t have any. We were presently surprised that the burgers arrived in less than two minutes. I phoned the area manager to inform him that the store did not have any diet drinks and he answered matter of factually that they would arrive tomorrow. Right!

We returned to Metrorail with our lunch. Once we opened our burger boxes we saw that the chicken fillets were so overcooked that it looked very dark (nearly black in some places) and were even tough to eat. It crossed my mind that they cooked the fillets for the burgers some time ago and were just waiting for me. This would explain the turn around time from placing our orders. I then phoned a number of people to throw my toys out of my cot.

Popular Posts