Monday 20 October 2008

Heaven or Hell

I suppose you get what you asked for and I did my rain dance 5 days ago. This afternoon the heavens opened up and some people on the radio described it akin to hell. Lightning crashed down and hit overhead power cables in City Deep. Explosions occurred along the line and some of the cables fell onto the roads. I just managed to get out of town in time so I missed the fun. Lights where out for CBD, central Johannesburg and in the south. Luckily I live in the northern suburbs so we weren’t affected. The reports I heard on the radio was that the traffic out of the CBD was hell. Well here is Motloli, one of the ICT managers. I bet he was stuck in the rush out of Metrorail unless he left early.

1 comment:

Mariposa said...

wow maybe you should keep your dancing shoes away for a bit ;) We've been having heavy downpour here in the evenings and last week we had flash floods. Can't blame you for all the rain, it is the beginning of our monsoon season anyway =)

Popular Posts