Wednesday 24 August 2011

Hey You

This photograph from my cellphone does not do the New Zealand group The Pink Floyd Experience's show Pulse any justice. I wanted to close my eyes and just let the peals of the electric guitar from Darren Whittaker wash other me but then I would have missed the fantastic light show. My pulse was racing as the timeless mellow sounds of Pink Floyd picked up.

Hey you!
Out there in the cold getting lonely, getting cold, can you feel me?

Hey you!
Standing in the aisles with itchy feet and fading smiles, can you feel me?

Hey you!
Don't help them bury the light. Don't give in without a fight.

Hey you!
Out there on your own. Sitting naked by the phone, would you touch me?

Hey you!
With your ear against the wall. Waiting for someone to call out, would you touch me?

Hey you!
Would you help me to carry the stone. Open your heart, I'm coming home.

But it was only fantasy.
The Wall was too high, as you can see.
No matter how he tried he could not break free.
And the worms ate into his brain.

Hey you!
Out there on the road. Doing what you're told, can you help me?

Hey you!
Out there beyond the wall. Breaking bottles in the hall, can you help me?

Hey you!
Don't tell me there's no hope at all. Together we stand, divided we fall

WARNING: If you are susceptible to epileptic seizures or loss of consciousness when exposed to certain flashing lights or light patterns in everyday life, you may have a seizure while watching The Pink Floyd Experience's show Pulse. This may happen even you have no medical history of epilepsy or have never had any epileptic seizures. If you or anyone in your family has ever had symptoms related to epilepsy (seizures or loss of consciousness) when exposed to flashing lights, consult your doctor prior to going and seeing this awesome show. Thank you and good night.


No comments:

Popular Posts