Tuesday 15 November 2011

Shotgun Tori


And she played bare feet, yes Shotgun Tori played bare feet, she always plays this way so if you haven't heard her sing yet, you better get out of your cardboard box and come listen to our own home grown indie folk singer. Or better still Shotgun Tori has just tonight launched her new EP called "are we fine yet?" so go, yes go demand it from your local music store.

It was awesome just sitting there amongst close friends and family of Victoria at the launch of "are we fine yet?" I first met Tori at a tattoo parlor, no you don't get to ask if I have a tattoo 'cause I don't want to disappoint you. She was like this sensual being who floated into my peripheral and never went away. Anyway tonight I just closed my eyes and let the indie folk music wash over me as thoughts of Zooey Deschanel, Lisa Mitchell, Janis Joplin, Stevie Nicks and would you believe it Kimya Dawson came streaming into my mind. No they not all indie folk singers but Tori came across as a combination of all five. Well done Tori on a successful launch of you album and may your career be as awesome as the artists whose names flowed through my mind as I heard you sing.


No comments:

Popular Posts