Wednesday 7 December 2011

Braamfontein at Night


I have just come home from yet another awesome Joburg Photowalkers' photo walk, this time it was Braamfontein at Night. At first I was afraid, I was petrified, wait I feel a song coming on... Kept thinkin' I could never walk down these streets at night. Thinkin' how we could be so wrong. What have we've missed. 

Johannesburg is just like any other major city in the world. Yes there is crime but what city doesn't. You must just be aware of places that you can't go alone at night, just like any other city. BUT Johannesburg is beautiful. It may not have the mountain, oh like wow the mountain is still here. Johannesburg has this touch of hidden beauty just below the surface and all it takes is a little scratching and it will outshine. On top of that the people of Johannesburg are just awesome. How many times have we as the Joburg Photowalkers heard the words "Shoot me"? Plenty and by shoot me I mean with a camera.  

There was so many photos to choose from for today's post but I will leave you with the Nelson Mandela Bridge.

No comments:

Popular Posts