Monday 23 April 2012

Lochlan


Only yesterday was I thinking about the Norsemen and Tir na Lochlannaigh, the Land of the Norsemen after watching the movie 13 Warrior again. The Norsemen or Vikings sailed up and down the Scottish and Irish coastlines plundering and eventually settling down, hence the great influence on the Celtic and Gaelic communities.

Today's photograph is of Lochlan, he is of Celtic descent and his name is derived from Lochlannaigh and means a warrior from the land of the Norsemen.

I will end this post with a Norse prayer before battle...
Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers.
Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning.
Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them,
in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live...
forever.

No comments:

Popular Posts