Friday 6 April 2012

Quadrophenia


Another dark movie about the era of the Mods and Rockers, Quadrophenia is the cult movie for the scooter boys and when invited by Paulo and Shani for dinner and to watch this 1979 cult movie at their place, how could I ever turn it down.

Both Brighton Rock and Quadrophenia weighed heavy on my soul, as the total despair people that found themselves in really pulled me down. The film is set around Jimmy and this girl, Steph that he has his heart set on and the three day 2nd Battle of Hastings between the Mods and the Rockers. Oh the masks we wear, the idols we follow and the lifestyle we pretend to adore. It all boils down to what Kevin, a Rocker and I suppose the only good person in Quadrophenia, is quoted saying "I don't give a monkey's arsehole about Mods and Rockers. Underneath, we're all the same, 'n't we?"

No comments:

Popular Posts