Saturday 5 May 2012

Bad Moon Rising


Hoooooowl, the full moon sure brings out the madness in me. Tonight Matthew and I went up Northcliff Ridge to view the perigee moon rise or as it is now known as the supermoon rise. I don’t have the right lenses to photograph the moon but took a few photographs with what I had and you can see from tonight's photograph that there is a bad moon rising over Johannesburg's polluted air. As it rises higher the moon will close to about 400km from the earth plus there is promise of meteors from the dust of Halley's Comet. With the city lights and the perigee moon, I am not sure that we see many shooting stars tonight.

As per the Disney song, somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight, someone's thinking of me and loving me tonight even if I'm hairy on the inside. So tonight under the same full moon remember the Wolfman's quote that even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

No comments:

Popular Posts