Thursday 21 June 2012

If I didn’t care


If I didn't care more than words can say. I parked Sophia next to a shiny Harley this morning. I thought she would be happy next to a well chiselled bike. But I didn't know she only has eyes for me.

Sophia heart broke on the way home. We were flying along without a care in the world and all of a sudden there was a loud bang, Sophia let out a sigh and was no more. At first I thought we had a tyre blow out but the Sophia was stable as we coasted to a stop alongside a busy main road. As I checked the back tyre, and it dawned on me that it was serious. Sophia must have snapped her drive belt and I pray that it didn't do a lot of damage to poor Sophia. We both sat at the side of the main road as darkness fell, heartbroken and alone watching the cars speeding by.

Words from a song written by Charlie Chaplin came to mind as Sophia sat at the side of the road waiting for help to come. Smile though your heart is aching. Smile even though it's breaking. Help soon arrived in the form of Bruce from Scoots with his flashing lights. The nice thing with the flashing lights was that the speeding cars were now no longer whizzing past, they slowed down, and inquisitive on what was happening.

Sophia I am so sorry that this had to happen. I will not let other bikes especially that distasteful Hog near you, again. There I said it, are you happy now? Smile and maybe tomorrow you'll see the sun come shining through.

No comments:

Popular Posts