Thursday 11 October 2012

Sunset Warning


Africa is always full of surprises. This afternoon as the air raid siren wails across the suburb, golfers dash for shelter from the pending storm. Although the wailing siren brings back memories for some of a telephone call in Belfast warning of a bomb and within half an hour an explosion. For some the wail brings back memories of incoming rockets into a Israeli village from neighbouring territories. Even though this afternoon the wail was the automatic warning siren of impending lightning while the golfers scurry for cover, it sent a chill up my spine. Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! My mind was screaming warning. Put my head between my legs. Warning! Warning! Africa is always full of surprises.

But the biggest surprise was after the storm, God presented an awesome sunset. It is as if God paints you a beautiful picture before your very eyes and says everything is going to be alright. After the terror there was the peace of an African sunset with the crickets chirping and the bats scooping. And the stress of life simply melts away. Now where did I put my glass of wine?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I was driving home on the freeway after the storm but the fabulous vista of the sunset was worth putting up with the traffic jam.

Popular Posts