Tuesday 7 January 2014

O Siyeza Skye


Rest in Peace Skye, the most beautiful brindle and white Whippet I've ever had the honour of sharing a life with, 22 November 2011 to 7 January 2014. May you chase all those wabbits somewhere out there, run free my boy, run free till the time that I'll join you, with you by my side once again. I'll scratch the back of your neck, the place that you love me scratching. I am coming home.

As the words of one of my favourite songs, The Crossing, states, O Siyeza, we are coming, we will arrive soon. Through all the days that eat away at every breath that I take, through all the nights I've lain alone in someone else's dream. Awake all the words in truth we have spoken, that the wind has blown away. It's only you that remains with me, clear as the light of day.

O Siyeza, o siyeza, sizofika webaba noma. O siyeza, o siyeza, siyagudle lomhlaba. Siyawela lapheshaya lulezontaba ezimnyama. Lapha sobheka phansi konke ukhulupheka. We are coming, we are coming, we will arrive soon. We are coming, we are coming, we are moving across this earth. We are crossing over those dark mountains where we will lay down our troubles.

Inside of him a boy looks up to his father for a sign or an approving eye. Oh, it's funny how those once so close and now gone can still so affect our lives. Take me now, hold me close don't let go, I'm coming home.

No comments:

Popular Posts