Thursday 1 May 2014

The Stormtrooper and his Ride


It is Workers Day and my fellow photowalker, Mark's birthday so mark decided to have a Toy Photowalk to Santarama Miniland in the south of Joburg. Now from my fond childhood memories of the Miniland in Durban, I was looking forward to this photowalk.

Maybe I was expecting too much, maybe I have become too complacent with the New South Africa that I felt a great disturbance in the Force when I walked into Santarama Miniland. My fellow photowalker Gail, said that a few years back it was much worse than today that she only managed to stay for 15 minutes. If this is an improvement then I don’t know what to say. This is just too much for me to bear.

Speechless, I am!

Back to the Toy Photowalk, I brought along my Lego Stormtrooper along with his trusty ride, a red Vespa P200E. At least he enjoyed riding through the ruins of the buildings of the Santarama Miniland. It brought back memories of his battles in some far away city on some far away planet as a million ghosts suddenly cried out in terror in this mini town as the Stormtooper step off his Vespa.

I fear something terrible has happened to Santarama Minitown.

No comments:

Popular Posts