Monday 9 February 2015

Jade at Lammermoor Veterinary Clinic


Yesterday Jade, my smallest Italian Greyhound, broke her right front leg clean through. Although it still remains a mystery on how she managed to do it, she is in good hands at Lammermoor Veterinary Clinic. This morning I visited Jade in hospital. Oh she was so happy to see me, and just wanted me to take her home. She stood up and tried to hobble closer to me. I picked her up and held her close; she rested her head on my chest and closed her eyes.

Later the vet came in to give me update on Jade’s progress, and Jade visibly pulled back and wanted to bury herself under my arm. Oh dear this ordeal has been very traumatic for her. The vet had to use general anaesthetic so that they could reset the leg. They have put a splint in and wrapped it up good. If all goes well, hopefully she could come home tomorrow afternoon. Jade would need to come every week for a month to change the bandages and check up on progress.

The start of the long road of Jade’s healing has begun.

No comments:

Popular Posts