Thursday 12 March 2015

The Ant and the Food Bloggers


Once upon a time, in a kingdom not unlike ours, there was an ant who loved to write. With the pen being mightier than the sword, he set off to find his fame and fortune.

Whoooa, so what is this all about, an ant and the food bloggers. Well nothing of course but I remember as a young teenager my friends and I used to make these make believe stories about kingdoms far far away where we used to escape as the heroes of our wild imaginations. Those were the days where the worries of this world seemed so far away. And now dark grey clouds are threatening us on all sides. Where is the ray of sunshine to pierce the dark heaviness of my heart? Where is my saviour to rescue me from this world that looms all around me? My heart cries out!


Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy, hand in hand.
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.

During lunch time, while strolling up to the canteen through the lovely gardens here at Mogale Business Park, I was wondering what photograph to shoot for today's blog. I have already taken most of the employees who work with me and taken many of the animals and plants surrounding my office. I was busy strolling through the wild grasses running my hands through the heads of seeds and then it hit me, this would make a fascinating photo. While my head was in the grass so to speak, I noticed the ant. Perfect, a bit small but just there where he is supposed to be. All in its rightful place and time. Now is the time that I need a good macro lens.


Arriving at the canteen later than I wanted to, I found Kabelo and Lawrence trying their hand at food pax shots. I remember my time working at the late David Bruan’s Photographic Studio doing pax shot after pax shot on the light table for many a clients. Memories from a distant season.

And there you have it my wild imagination, memories, an ant on a stalk of seed grass, and the two aspiring food bloggers.

For he comes, the human child to the waters and the wild with a fairy, hand in hand from a world more full of weeping than he can understand.

1 comment:

Jerome West said...

Growing up on Terry Pratchett science fantasy books of his imaginary world called Discworld, it is sad to hear the news of his death on the day I wrote this post.

SQUEAK

Popular Posts