Wednesday 18 November 2015

Bad Hair Day


It has been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day which started yesterday when I made supper. Somehow I melted the food steamer but these things happen and my chicken curry was a success. It started raining sometime in the evening and by the time I went to bed, the rain on the tin roof quickly put me to sleep. Little did I know that it would get even worse in a few hours.

About half past one in the morning I woke, and looking at the CPAP machine I had been sleeping for four hours with 3.2 apneas per hour. So an apnoea must have woken me up and now my mouth was dry and my nose blocked. These are some of the side affects of a CPAP machine even with a humidifier hocked up. I battled to go to sleep so I made a cup of rooibos tea and settled on m y bed with my tablet waiting for sleep to near but it stayed away. I then remembered my medicine for my nose which should unblock it but when reaching for it I knocked over the nearly full cup of tea.

Place profanities here. I jump out of bed to try rescue everything on my side table including the CPAP machine. After unplugging the machine, I can only hope that it is okay. Now after all this I couldn’t go back to sleep.

It can only get better. With more rain expected this afternoon I decided to use the pickup today only to find that it had a flat tyre. Sigh. Although I don’t have hair, a bad day is like a bad hair day, tomorrow it will be better. I just have to get there.


No comments:

Popular Posts