Monday 11 January 2016

Brave Girl

As I mentioned in previous posts, there was severe thunderstorms over the weekend which left destruction in its path in Gauteng. Okay I think the storms barely reached Category 2 storm but the high wind, lightning and hail left destruction in its wake.


My biggest concern when I arrived at work and saw all the damage, was the nesting Blue Cranes that were in the open elements. Fearing the worst, I rushed over I saw mother crane still proudly sitting on her nest amongst the fallen branches from the tree next to her which would have killed her. Poor girl, she sat on her nest while hail the size of golf balls fell around her and most likely slamming into her.

Who can blame her for taking over four years to work up the courage to go the family way? She is one brave bird.

No comments:

Popular Posts