Tuesday 5 January 2016

Quiet before the Storm


It seems that South Africa is becoming even crazier with the polarisation of the Rainbow Nation. We seem to be in an economic tail spin as we head closer to elections later this year.

To me it is back to work with a shaking head, as I cry for the beloved country. At work it is all quiet, peaceful with all the peacock cries of last year that have subsided and we are left with just mother hens nesting and fathers protecting. Soon the young ones will start to arrive and that is something better to watch out for than the wretched humans throwing sticks and stones. Quiet before the storm.


"I am young, I am twenty years old; yet I know nothing of life but despair, death, fear, and fatuous superficiality cast over an abyss of sorrow. I see how peoples are set against one another, and in silence, unknowingly, foolishly, obediently, innocently slay one another." - All Quiet on the Western Front.

No comments:

Popular Posts