Sunday 3 April 2016

Happy Ending

Eish, the words happy ending have been always associated with nursery stories and fairy tales but words can be perverted such as these two very innocent words, happy ending for me means the hero wins in the end and they all lived happily ever after.


Now since I have all but grown up, American movies and television shows have sleazed happy ending into something that can be stereotypically found in Chinatown massage parlours and Red Light districts and I never thought about it until today.

Getting the car washed at our local car-wash, there is a massage parlour next door called Thai by Thai Massage. No before your mind runs away, let me wash it clean, while I was waiting for the car to finish being vacuumed, I noticed on the wall at the entrance to the Thai massage parlour a notice posted by management which states in bold "No indecent requests will be tolerated". So this must be a problem then.


Thank you very much, Mr Roboto, I will stick to my fairy tales and my sci-fi escapes as I end this post with the words from the Chess song "One Night in Bangkok". "Tea girls warm and sweet, some are set up in the Somerset Maugham suite. Get Thai’d you’re talking to a tourist whose every move’s among the purest. I get my kicks above the waistline sunshine."

No comments:

Popular Posts