Wednesday 6 September 2017

Crepuscular


Wakey wakey cats, rise and shine, you’ve been sleeping all day and the sun is about to set. Yes I know you sleepy heads are crepuscular. There you go readers, a new word for the day, crepuscular.


Cats are crepuscular, not creepy as in vampires and others things that go bonk in the night but crepuscular means that they, the cats not vampires, are mostly active during the twilight hours of dawn and dusk. Oh did I just say vampires and twilight in the same sentence, oops sorry my bad.


Cats tend to lay low in darker night time and day time hours, when other predators may be hanging about. Well someone forgot to tell that to my cats who stay out late at night which is a worry as there are owls about at that time. During the day they tend sleep nearly all day only to wake when the suns starts to set.


Now did you just wake me for this?

No comments:

Popular Posts