Friday 27 October 2017

A Lady named Gregg


This morning I had a Proteadal Conservation Association meeting with a socialite called Gregg, a lady who is good at organising large fund raising events. Yes you read correctly, her first name is Gregg and she even showed me her ID when she saw the question in my eyes. Believe me when I tell you she reminded me of the Johnny Cash’s song "A Boy Named Sue" and remembering the song I did not even smile.

For the record, I got on well with her bubbly character, and think with a name like Gregg, she is going places.

Representing the PCA was June, Belinda, and myself at the Cafe Muse just outside the Featherbrooke Estate. I must say it was a good meeting with Gregg, and a Golf Day is planned for February next year to Save the Ridge from developers. The Ridge is the ridge system stretching from Constantia Kloof all the way to Kings Kloof. It is home to a myriad of animals including the nesting Black Eagles at Walter Sisulu National Botanical Gardens. There are also a number of Red Listed plants only found here such as the Albertina Sisulu Orchids with little over 100 left in the world, and right in the path of developers who want to build high density flats. So you can now understand the urgency of trying to save the ridge.

So watch this space for an awesome Golf Day and a lady called Gregg who is moving the earth to #SaveOurRidge

No comments:

Popular Posts