Tuesday 14 November 2017

Washing of Feet


Last week, I uploaded a photo of Duff's feet half in his shoes during Connect Group meeting, and as my punishment, I offered to wash his feet. Well I am not sure he expected me to carry out my offer until he saw me walk in this evening with my bowl, soap, and towels.

I am all for the servant heart, as it pleases me to serve others and I believe that as a Christian we are called to have a servant heart as opposite to what the world dictates, which is all about me me me. Not an easy thing to accomplish, noooo not the washing of Duff's feet, that was the easy part, but to strive to serve others even in times when we feel down on the inside. Well it is nice to know that his feet now smells of wild rooibos, not that I have a foot fetish, just to clear up that matter.


It is that St Francis of Assisi song that I used to sing when I was a young boy growing up in that convent in Vryheid that makes me yearn for the servant heart, oh yes for the record I did spent some time in a convent called Nardini Convent, "...grant that I may not so much seek to be console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love. For it is in giving the we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life".

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.

No comments:

Popular Posts